This online course is written by Sydney based pregnancy experts, Limitless Health and Fitness. If you are looking to enhance your awareness of nutrition throughout pregnancy, and build the knowledge required to ensure a healthy pregnancy and beyond, then this is the course for you.
Everyone is now aware that exercise alone will not result in optimal health. Nutrition is a massive part of wellbeing, and whether you are pregnant or are trying to conceive, the importance of eating well to provide the nutrients needed is essential for both mother and baby. This course supports research that has shown adopting healthy lifestyle habits prior to conceiving can not only improve fertility in both men and women, but can also affect the future health of a child, including lowering their risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
This course is perfect if you:
- Have pregnant clients.
- Are working with any clients looking to fall pregnant.
- Want to learn about optimal weight, food cravings and possible food hazards throughout pregnancy.
- Want to learn about post natal food recommendations.
- Want to build your client base by being recognised as a pre and post natal nutrition expert.
- Want a free weekly food planner to give to your pregnant clients
The purpose of this course is to introduce and explain the nutritional requirements for pre conception, pregnancy and postpartum. You will learn about calorie requirements, safety guidelines for food preparation and optimal lifestyle factors ensuring a healthy pregnancy.
By the end of this course, you will have:
- Learned the importance of improving a mother’s nutritional habits when trying to conceive a baby.
- An understanding of the importance of managing blood glucose levels in pregnancy.
- Learned of any conditions associated with malnutrition throughout pregnancy and the benefits of a safe and stable diet.
- Gained an in-depth knowledge of the macro nutrients required during the stages of pregnancy.
- Learned the importance of food safety in pregnancy.
- Understand the importance of breastfeeding and the calorific strain it can put on the body.
Whilst the focus of this course is on the nutritional requirements of pregnant women it does not give you the ability to prescribe supplements or specified diet plans. Your clients must speak to their health care professional for this.